Thursday, August 18, 2011

at the op shop...

 us brisbane folk had a public holiday this week for the 'ekka' - a midweek day off is such a treat and i was determined not to waste mine! my sister and i headed up to the sunny coast for some quality time, op shopping and coffee on the run. It wasn't my most successful op shop roadie to date but it was great to hang with the sister and i did manage to come home with a few goodies :)

a most fabulous (but really small) umbrella, two gorgeous fabric scraps (why is it that i can never find full sheets in the patterns i love), a picnic blanket (blogger insisted on rotating my image so i wasn't able to include it... grr!) and a few plates for a lovely mismatched wedding...

have a most fabulous weekend! I will try to pop back for a 'four happy things' post a bit later!

Kel x

p.s - if you are participating in the Vintage Sheet FQ Swap your lovely FQs should all be in the mail by now!


8 comments:

  1. pretty! The salvos at noosa almost never disappoints

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my miss!! i think you should be getting my parcel today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are too cute. i did the same, roadtrip with my sister..but down south and on monday! we're so in tune..or rather..just as cool as each other. :) love those patterns and love your post title...enjoy your weekend gorgeous and good luck with the sheet swap. see you soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics, enjoy your day. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Kellie, I miss the sunny coast and those cute thrift stores...Thanks for all the work with the FQ swap!Looking forward to receiving mine :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I have the same problem with blogger rotating photos. You need to open the photo in paint (after rotating) and then save it as a .png. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which op-shops did you go to? I lived in Caloundra for 16 years until 2006 and there used to be heaps of good ones there. I wonder if the old theatre at Moffat Beach still has it's 'Antique Emporium' or whatever they called it...that was full of everything! We used to spend hours in there and come out extremely grubby...lol.

    ReplyDelete