Thursday, March 19, 2009

i heart alice

i really do love Lewis Carrol's books about Alice. i am currently on a rampage through my many unpacked boxes (the joys of renovating) to find my copy of 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' so i can re-read and re-love alice and her crew. here's some of my favourite alice so that you can love her too..

"Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
(Through the Looking Glass, Chapter 5)

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, "I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5)

isn't she great??


on a semi-related note, Lisa Mitchell is totally rad. largely because she sings about alice but also because at one of her gigs last year she had her mic stand covered in fairy lights. check her out. i dont have a photo of her mic stand so i'll post a photo of her and a photo of fairy lights and hope you can imagine my joy with this concept...


No comments:

Post a Comment