Monday, November 8, 2010

a garden of goodies

ever since i have lived out of home i have wanted a vegie garden. not just a few pots with some herbs in them but an honest, big, vegie producing garden. the other weekend this happened :)!! i have been so excited to post about this but i wanted to make sure that the seeds i had planted would actually grow and this morning i saw the beginning shoots of the cucumber, corn and carrot plants. i think that i was unnaturally excited about this but i dont care. it made my day to see little bits of green poking through all that brown...

we have four garden beds with pumpkin, lettuce, beans, zucchini, rockmelon, carrots, eggplant, tomatoes, cucumber and corn. and i planted some sunflowers just to see if they would grow. its all a bit of an experiment at this stage but i cant wait to (hopefully) eat the yummy organic results. hooray!

i will keep you posted on the progress...




my clever husband made me a compost bin too :) isnt he rad!

5 comments:

  1. aww thats fab well done you, Theres nothing wrong with getting excited i do to its an amazing feeling to plant from seed and then watch it grow while you give it tender care.. Enjoy and have fun ;-)) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It Looks Fantastic! my vegi garden isn't enjoying the heat at the moment. I'm planning on spending the weekend making some nice shade for my little plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for your vegie garden.
    I totally get your excitment. We have acres and acres of organic vegies growing down in the paddocks, but the other day the boys started making me a kitchen garden just outside the front door and I am beside myself excited. Now I just hope I can grow some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to do that too! Have never gotten around to having one, I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay congrats! Eating your own produce is just the best feeling! *s*

    ReplyDelete